version 6 dated 2 November, 2021
European Ruhaniat Summer School
We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy, when you visit our website, place a booking and/or sign up to our newsletter. Sometimes, we do obtain some information about you. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Frequently asked questions:
Why do you need to keep my details?
1. We need to keep your name and contact details so we can process your booking and payment.
2. We want to share contact details among participants in any one year in order to foster shared practices and spiritual growth in the community that is the summer school in any one year, and in case you want to arrange travel to the summer school with someone living nearby.
3. We want to be able to invite you to future summer schools, using a distribution list.
What details do you keep, exactly?
1. For your booking and payment we need your email, postal address and phone number, for the year in which you book (bookings open in January each year.)
2. For the current participant list we only keep the data which you put and tick on the booking form. You decide whether and which data about you appear on the participant list.
3. When you make a booking, you can decide whether you would like to remain on our distribution list in order to receive future information from us.
Who has access to the data you keep?
European Ruhaniat Summer School is run by the Director, Neil Douglas-Klotz, and an administrative team. Data are shared only among our small administrative team, and only for the purposes set out below. We will not share your data with any third party.
What do you ask of me in terms of sharing information?
We ask that participants not use any contact details from this list to contact other participants to advertise events, products or services. We also ask that participants not post or disseminate photos or videos of other participants without their permission.
What else should I be aware of?
Our website https://www.ruhaniateurope.org contains links to other sites. European Ruhaniat Summer School is not responsible for the privacy practices and/or the content of such websites. When visiting such sites, we urge you to use caution when providing any personal data.
Are my details safe?
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control by restricting access to the hardware where it is stored to authorised personnel of the Summer school. This is to guarantee the privacy of our website visitors and summer school participants. All data stored on any personal computers is password protected.
What if I ask you to delete information you hold about
If you would like us to remove all your information from our database, you can send an email to Halima , asking us to remove all your details permanently. We will do this promptly (within 14 days maximum or as soon as any queries on a booking have been resolved).
How long will you keep the information I provide?
Registrations for the annual summer school are normally kept for legal reasons for ten years, information on the distribution list for five years unless you ask us to delete your records.
Whom do I contact with any questions about this?
If you have any questions about data protection or data security relating to the European Ruhaniat Summer School, please